Brandy Apple Bread PuddingFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 6 oz (180 grams) superfine sugar shopping list
- 3 oz (75 grams) raisins shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons (30-45 ml) brandy shopping list
- 12 slices of day-old bread or cake shopping list
- 12 fl oz (350 ml) milk shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 3 oz (75 grams) unsalted butter shopping list
- 5 apples shopping list
How to make it
- Put 3 oz (75 grams) of sugar and 4 fl oz (100 ml) of water in a saucepan.
- Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, then bring to a boil and heat for about 5 minutes until it turns to a caramel color.
- Immediately, carefully pour the caramel into a 9 inch (23 cm) deep ring mold and swirl to coat the bottom of the mold.
- Put the raisins in a small bowl, cover with the brandy and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Put the bread or cake in a large dish and pour over the milk.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, core, peel and thinly slice the apples.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar with the eggs, salt and butter until well blended.
- Drain the raisins and add to the sugar mixture with the brandy and the apple slices.
- Drain the soaked bread, add to the mixture and blend the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. (180 C.)
- Pour the apple and bread mixture into the mold, spreading it in evenly.
- Place the mold in a roasting tin and fill the tin with enough boiling water to come 1 and 1/2 inch (4 cm) up the sides of the mold.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until set.
- Remove the mold from the tin, let it stand for 2 minutes, then place a serving dish over the top of the mold and carefully invert the pudding onto it.
- Shake and release the pudding and the sauce.
- Serve warm, cut into wedges.