Garlic ButterFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. of unsalted butter softened to room temperature shopping list
- 3 very finely minced shallots shopping list
- 10-12 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced (not pressed, please) shopping list
- 1/8 cup of dry vermouth shopping list
- 4 generous pinches of coarse salt or more to taste (I stop at 4) shopping list
- Several grinds of black pepper, the fresher the better shopping list
- 1 large bunch of fresh parsley, washed, spun dry, stems removed and finely chopped. I put it in a clean dish towel after chopping and wring it completely dry shopping list
How to make it
- Honestly, these amounts are by "eye" and adjusted to taste.
- Soften butter and add the other ingredients.
- You can process this in the food processor, but I like to beat it with a wooden spoon in my old stainless steel nesting bowl.
- Something soul-satisfying in beating it into a lucious soft spreadable butter.
- To keep in more manageable portions, I have reserved an ice cube tray (labeled garlic butter only) that I fill with a generous dollop of butter in each depression and freeze it tightly wrapped. Then it is very easy to pop out what I need later.