GERMAN LEBKUCHEN HONEY BARSFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 3 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- candied cherry halves shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together first 6 ingredients. In 1-quart saucepan, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil. Cool.
- In a large bowl stir together corn syrup mixture, egg, lemon juice and rind. Gradually stir in flour mixture until well blended. Divide dough into fourths. Cover; chill at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a well floured surface, roll out dough 1/4 at a time to 1/4" thickness. Cut with 2" cookie cutters. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake in 400°F oven 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet immediately; place on rack.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and water. While still warm, brush with glaze. Top with candied cherry half. Cool.
- May be stored in tightly covered container up to 4 weeks.
- Makes about 4 dozen.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
Reminds me of Germany! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
This recipe reminds me of Christmas. Thank you for bringing up great memories!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
fantastic recipe love the ingredientsmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it