Chicken In White Wine Tarragon Dijon SauceFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- 2 whole chicken breasts, de-boned, skinned, sliced thin (or simply start out with boneless chicken breasts - 1 for each person) shopping list
- 1-2 cups of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh minced tarragon shopping list
- 4-6 tablespoons of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup or more of flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- bowl shopping list
- couple of plates shopping list
How to make it
- Pound chicken breasts till thin - this will also make them extra tender.
- In bowl, mix flour, season with salt and pepper and add dry mustard to the mix - stir till combine.
- Heat up skillet with 1/2 of olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Dredge chicken lightly in flour and place in hot skillet on medium heat.
- Let cook till light brown and flip to cook on other site - maybe a total of 5-6 minutes, maybe less depending upon thickness of your chicken breasts.
- Once just cooked, remove chicken at once and place on plate and set aside.
- Continue cooking rest of chicken and set aside.
- Start any side dishes you may be having at this point, such as rice or veggies.
- In skillet that had chicken, add diced onions and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of flour mixture to cooking onions.
- With spoon or whisk, cook for one minute then turn of heat.
- Carefully add white wine to skillet and add garlic at this time. Turn back heat under skillet on medium heat.
- Add fresh minced herbs at this point and mustard.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth - up to two cups of chicken broth, allow to simmer and reduce for almost half.
- Sauce should be slightly thick.
- Add remaining butter - a tablespoon at a time and stir in - this is optional, but will make the sauce silkier and shiny (the french do it like this all the time)
- Add optional creme if not using butter if you want all out decadence!)
- Return chicken to sauce, spoon sauce of chicken in skillet and allow chicken to heat through on low heat.
- Serve it up! Add a bit of fresh tarragon to chicken just before serving and enjoy!
- Sorry no photo available, I tried last night when I made this dish but my batteries need to be replaced....
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating4 people
sounds delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds perfect, I will try soon thanksmango in Marion loved it
I am drooling right now1 Saved and super high 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!