Sausage And Cream Cheese Crescent RollsFrom chinablue 6 years ago
- 1 pound good quality sausage (my favorite for this is Jimmy Dean Sage but the hot is great too!) shopping list
- 2 cans crescent rolls ( you may rather use the large size crescent rolls, in which case you will not need but one can) shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms, if desired. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chives or parsley, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll directions.
- Crumble and brown the sausage in a non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- When well browned, drain well and return to stove.
- Reduce heat to low and add the cream cheese, stirring until it is thoroughly mixed with the sausage.
- Remove from heat.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate them See Photo. You may lay them on the baking sheet you will bake them on or use waxed paper for this step.
- Place a tablespoon of the meat and cheese mixture near the wide end of the roll, roll and seal. See Photo
- Place onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake according to package directions, about 8 minutes until golden brown. See Photo
- Allow to cool slightly before eating as the filling will be quite hot!
- Enjoy these hot or cold. They reheat well too. Just wrap in foil and heat in a slow (300) oven about 6 mins.