Cranberry Pecan Eggnog MuffinsFrom 55to64 4 years ago
- DRY INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 2 ½ cups flour shopping list
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- scant ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 heaping cup coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
- WET INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1 cup eggnog shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ¼ cup melted butter (or oil) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring (optional) shopping list
- 1 heaping cup fresh or frozen cranberries shopping list
- NOTE: butter is better. ;-) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare a 12 muffin tin by buttering and dusting it with flour or by inserting muffin papers in the cups.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
- Whisk wet ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix only until combined. (DO NOT OVER BEAT. Over beating can cause muffins to toughen and have air tunnels.)
- Bake for 25 minutes. Begin checking the muffins after 20 minutes. Every oven is different.
- Muffins could take up to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- These are best served when still warm.
- OPTIONAL: Mix about 2 cups of powdered sugar with just enough eggnog to make a glaze. Pour glaze on muffins a few minutes before serving..