Sweet And Sour Beef And CabbageFrom fizzle3nat 7 years ago
- 1 lb. hamburger shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 c. chopped green pepper (We like green pepper, so I usually add the full cup.) shopping list
- 1 med. onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 TBSP. quick-cooking oats shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 - 15 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c. vinegar (cider vinegar is delicious) shopping list
- 3 TBSP. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic shopping list
- 1 med. head cabbage shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10 - 12 in. skillet, brown hamburger, green pepper, onion, and oatmeal until no pink remains in the ground beef.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and garlic.
- Slice cabbage into eight wedges, removing the core from each piece. Lay wedges of cabbage on top of the ground beef mixture.
- Pour the tomato sauce mixture over the hamburger and cabbage.
- Cover and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 10 - 20 minutes, depending on your tenderness preference.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating6 people
hey this sounds terrific thanks for sharing ......minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh yummy. I've got one a lot like this but done in the crockpot or oven. I've never tried on the stovetop. Great post! Thanx :)mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
My family is going to love this one!!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it