Chocolate HoHo CakeFrom momofsixil 5 years ago
- 1 package devil's food or chocolate cake mix, any brand, but I prefer Duncan Hines! shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 2/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 can ready-to-spread chocolate frosting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees,
- Prepare 9 x 13-inch cake pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray or by greasing and flouring.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix and prepare chocolate cake mix according to package directions.
- Bake according to directions on box, approximately 35 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven when done and let cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, prepare white cream filling:
- In medium mixing bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat together granulated sugar, melted butter or margarine, shortening, vanilla, evaporated milk, and salt until light and fluffy. (About 5 minutes.)
- Spread cream filling on cooled cake.
- Refrigerate until set (approximately 20 minutes.)
- Remove foil seal on can of ready-to-spread frosting.
- Microwave container of frosting on high for about 60 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle frosting on top of creme filling on cake.
- Spread carefully with spatula or knife to evenly cover creme filling.
- Refrigerate until set and ready to serve.
- Chocoholics rejoice! :))
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmomofsixil Davis, IL
The Rating4 people
great tasty recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love it!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
oh yeah, baby!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Choco Lovers137 members
Pass Down Recipes311 members
All About Choclate85 members
Family Favorites137 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
BIRTHDAY CLUB123 members
Cakes Of Any Type141 members