Mixed Nut CookiesFrom 55to64 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all--purpose flour shopping list
- 1 9.75-ounce can of mixed, salted nuts (with almonds, cashews, and macadamia nuts) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening (Crisco) shopping list
How to make it
- Beat the butter until creamy.
- Add sugar gradually, beating well.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add the flour using a wooden spoon.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls about two inches apart.
- Press nuts onto the outside edge of the cookies, leaving the center open.. Cut larger nuts (like macadamias) in half.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cool about 1 minute and then remove from cookie sheet to a cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- Place chocolate and vegetable shortening in the top half of a double boiler.
- Over simmering water, melt chocolate and vegetable shortening. Stir gently until combined.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon melted chocolate over the center of the cookie.
- Spread over cookie, leaving the edges of the nuts still visible.
- Let chocolate set.
- Makes about 26 cookies.