Chocolate Kahlua CakeFrom henrie 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray the bottom of a 12 c bundt pan with a good baking spray with flour
- Place all ingredients, except the chips, in to a large mixing bowl and
- mix by hand until everything is combined. The mixture will be lumpy, but that's ok. If you see any really large lumps break them up. After
- everything is mixed together, add the chocolate chips and mix to
- Pour mixture into the bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. Serve this baby warm with vanilla ice cream and it's heavenly. This is one of those cakes that tastes better the next day and will keep on your counter, covered, for up to 5 days. Never lasts that long though. You can also change the chocolate chips for mint chocolate chips which is also yummy.
- I've tried it with peanut butter chips but didn't care for that. I've
- experimented with this recipe changing out the cake mix, liqueur and
- chips. I've made rum cake, used Chambord, different brandies, frozen orange concentrate, lime juice. All were big hits.
- This is a very versatile recipe so you can get really creative with it.
- I made a yellow cake with strawberriesand a topping I whipped up that was out of this world good. Here's the topping recipe. It's great on the rum cake too, and works well as a fruit dip for strawberries, apples, etc.
- Quick Tasty Topping (also makes a great donut filling)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 large box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 large tubs cool whip or 2-3 small tubs 1/4 c milk or liquid of your
- choice to start (I've tried pineapple juice and espresso which is yummy)
- Set cream cheese out to soften or place in microwave and soften to where it's mixable Whisk in cool whip. Mix until smooth
- Add 1/2 the vanilla instant pudding and whisk. Add 2+ TBS liquid if
- needed to loosen the mixture. Once mixed add the remainder of the
- vanilla pudding and whisk until smooth. You will need to add liquid
- until you reach the consistency you want of the mixture.
- If you want something stiff use less liquid, more of a dip..add more
- liquid. This tastes great on just about anything you want to put it on.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating6 people
ok henrie im loving this one yum yum big 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
If I could give you 100 I would but you have really got my big 5er on this one yummy, yummy.
Have a great day!!!!!!!
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
Great post, Henrie....Love the flavor combo of chocolate and coffee...Got my 5...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it