Stuffed Red Bell PeppersFrom old_cowboy 6 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 4 to 6 red bell peppers. shopping list
- One package of Zartrain's red beans & rice. If you make from scratch you will need about three cups. shopping list
- 2 cups feta cheese shopping list
- 2 cups of pesto sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp of Pick-a-pepper sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp Cholula hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the red beans and rice. Use the smaller amount of water suggested in the directions on the package. Set aside.
- Cut tops off like the peppers were little pumpkins you were going to make jack-o-lanterns. Cut the seed cluster off the inside of the top. Clean out the peppers removing the white ribs. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef.
- Season with Cholula and Pick-a-pepper sauce and salt, pepper to taste.
- Stir in 2 cups of pesto, and cooked red beans & rice
- Add feta cheese stir in until it melts.
- Spoon beef and rice mixture into peppers.
- Replace pepper tops
- Put peppers in an oven proof pan, smaller is better so the peppers stay upright. Or, use toothpicks to make little legs for the peppers to keep them upright.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookold_cowboy El Cerrito, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!