BAKED PASTA - ZUCCINI And MOZZARELLAFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- 3/4 lb Pasta; shaped (fusilli, orecchiette or conchiglie) shopping list
- 5 sm Zucchini; 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- fresh garlic minced to your taste.. I like lots shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 28 oz can Italian plum tomatoes -- drained/chopped shopping list
- 8 Black olives; sliced shopping list
- 3 tb Parmesan cheese; freshly grated shopping list
- 1 ts Fresh rosemary sprigs shopping list
- 1/2 lb Mozzarella cheese; cut in 1/2' cubes or grated. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying pan, heat oil and saute zucchini until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic the last minute, do not brown.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to an oiled shallow casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- When pasta is almost cooked, drain and add to zucchini.
- Add tomatoes, olives, Parmesan, rosemary and 1/2 of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper if desired and gently mix together.
- Cover with the remaining mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted and the top slightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- I have used fresh tomatoes peeled and sliced thin and it was very good..