Citrus Avocado Orange and Red Onion SaladFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- spiced sugared pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted pecan halves shopping list
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Generous pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- ====================== shopping list
- Salad shopping list
- 2 seedless oranges shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- Pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 large, ripe but firm avocado shopping list
- 1 head Belgian endive shopping list
- 2 paper-thin slices red onion shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly grease a large piece of foil.
- Place pecans, sugar, water, salt and cayenne in a small frying pan set over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar melts.
- Stir continuously until all the sugar is golden and coats pecans, about 7 minutes.
- Turn onto foil and cool completely.
- Separate into pieces.
- Using a sharp knife, peel 1 orange, removing all white pith.
- Slice orange into very thin rounds.
- Finely grate 1 tsp peel from the remaining orange and squeeze out 2 tbsp juice.
- Place juice and peel in a small bowl.
- Whisk in oil, lime juice, salt and cayenne.
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit.
- Peel, then slice into thin wedges.
- Separate endive into leaves and arrange on a platter.
- Scatter avocado and orange segments on base of leaves.
- Separate onion into rings, cutting large rings in half.
- Place over salad.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating10 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This looks and sounds incredible. Greatness. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I love orange and onion salads, and with the avodado?? I can wait to try it.jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!