Italian Sausages and PeppersFrom peggy_cookingfool 8 years ago
- 1 pound italian sausage links shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin wedges shopping list
- 1/2 pound buttom mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp dried parsley shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper, depending on taste shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomatoes the petite diced variety shopping list
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- olive oil for sauting shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying pan heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Brown the sausages until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
- Add garlic, parsley and crushed red pepper to pan and saute for about 60 seconds. Next add the bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Saute for a few minutes until soft.
- Next add the tomatoes, bay leaf, chicken bouillon, 1/2 cup water and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer gently.
- While vegetables are simmering cut the sausages into bite sized rounds and add to the pan. Cover and simmer about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Lastly, add the balsamic vinegar and simmer about 5 more minutes. Then taste the broth and adjust the seasonings for salt.
- This is delicious served with rice cooked in chicken broth and some warm, crusty Italian bread.