Paula Deens Corny CornbreadFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, plus 1/4 cup for greasing pan shopping list
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal shopping list
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour shopping list
- 1 cup cream-style corn, see Cook's Note* shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar, optional shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Generously season a cast iron skillet with up to 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- Preheat the pan either in the oven or on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined.
- Pour batter into the preheated cast iron skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.
- If making individual size cornbreads in smaller pans, they will require a shorter cooking time.