Cheddar Cheese And Cilantro SoupFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2 large carrots, finely grated shopping list
- 2 large stalks celery finely grated shopping list
- 1 large onion finely grated shopping list
- 1 garlic clove minced shopping list
- 4 Tts olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 4 cups milk, half and half or cream, warmed shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock, warmed shopping list
- 1 lb, grated sharp yellow cheddar shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a stock pot, heat up olive oil and add finely grated vegetablesand garlic and cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook and stir several more minutes.
- Gradualy add warm chicken stock and then cream and cook and stir over medium heat and then lower heat to a simmer and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- Stir in the cheese to melt, cook and stir over low heat for a minute or two.
- Season to taste and stir in the cilantro and parsley