Arroz Doce - Rice PuddingFrom nazzb 5 years ago
- 1 cup starchy rice (like risotto rice) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- grated zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 litre full fat milk (or 0.8 of a litre of milk + 0.2 litre carton thick cream) shopping list
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 10 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the rice with the water and cinnamon stick for about 10 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the milk (or milk and cream), the sugar and lemon zest.
- Add to the rice and let it cook for about 10 minutes more, in low heat.
- It should be creamy but runny.
- Pour ino a large serving dish, or individual ones.
- Sprinkle/decorate with ground cinnamon.
- Serve cold.
The Cooknazzb Ponte De Lima (Viana Do Castelo), PT
The Rating4 people
Delicious! So easy too, thanks for sharing! jjuliecake in Bluffdale loved it
This is something that was made all the time in my house, it reminds me of my childhood. Thank you for posting it :)elgab89 in Toronto loved it
thank you ... I really like rice pudding and I will give this version a try..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it