Meatball Sub CasseroleFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 6 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick) shopping list
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over bread. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.