Ice Cream Cake RollFrom mountainmama 4 years ago
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups ice cream, softened shopping list
- chocolate SAUCE: shopping list
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, heated to 160 degrees F shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease and flour paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high for 3 minutes or until lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until thick and pale yellow. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder; gradually add to egg yolk mixture Beat on low until well mixed (mixture will be thick).
- In another large mixing bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites and salt on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold a fourth of egg whites into the batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread with ice cream to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until serving.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Gradually add warm milk and sugar; stir constantly for 5 minutes or until completely dissolved. Serve with cake.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating6 people
great tasty recipe thankmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Boy this sounds so good.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
Gosh this is so NICE I love it. Aways wanted to try this. "FIVE FORKS"greentreefrogs in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!