Apple and Sausage CorncakeFrom lor 5 years ago
- 3/4 to 1 pound bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided shopping list
- 2 cups granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- a pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 2- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat cook sausage, stirring to break it up until lightly browned. Approximately 5 to 6 minutes.
- Discard drippings and drain sausage well on paper towels.
- To skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup maple syrup and apples.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until apples are slightly soft, about 4 minutes.
- Pour apples evenly into bottom of 9 inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle evenly with sausage.
- In a medium bowl, blend together flour, cornmeal, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
- Melt remaining butter and stir just until blended into dry ingredients with evaporated milk, 3 tablespoons maple syrup and egg.
- Pour evenly over apples and sausage.
- Bake in a preheated oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let stand in pie plate on a wire rack for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating2 people
wow love the combo. on this one and Flavor thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This recipe looks so good I could run to the kitchen and make it right now. Hmmm, gotta run to the store first and pick up some bulk sausage meat LOL This looks like a very tasty 5 fork recipe and thanks.peepers in loved it