Lemon MuffinsFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg yolks, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Fold stiffly beaten egg whites into batter, and stir in lemon rind.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Yield: 1 1/2 dozen muffins.