Crispy RiceFrom battleaxe 7 years ago
How to make it
- Put rice into medium saucepan and fill pan halfway with cold water.
- Leave to soak for about twenty minutes (or longer if you like)
- Rinse the starch from the rice until the water runs clear.
- Half fill the saucepan again with cold water, add salt and bring to the boil.
- As soon as the rice has come to the boil, drain with a sieve, and immediately melt the butter into the same pan.
- Once it is melted, place the rice back into the pan.
- Carefully wrap the saucepan lid with a tea towel and jam it onto the saucepan. This is to stop any moisture from escaping.
- Leave on a low heat for about 20 mins.
- Check after 15 minutes by removing lid and lifting the rice to see if it is golden on the bottom. But jam the lid straight back on if it isn't finished.
- It is cooked when the rice is golden underneath. The rice will be fluffy.
- Turn into a serving dish, breaking up the golden crust a little and sprinkle on some sumac (if you don't have sumac it still tastes good without)
- For 2
- If you want this with kebabs, place a couple of tomatoes under the grill to cook and soften whilst cooking the kebabs. Meanwhile take 2 eggs and discard the whites, leaving the yolks in the shell (use an eggcup to balance them). Serve the rice or allow guests to serve themselves, add the yolk and tomato to the serves rice (one per person) and mash them into the rice. Sprinkle on a little sumac... delicious...
The Cookbattleaxe Colchester, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!