The Best Egg Custard EverFrom auntiekahala 7 years ago
How to make it
- Thouroughly blend together eggs, sugar, and nutmeg
- Scald milk and salt
- slowly add hot milk to egg mixture, blending carefully
- pour into pie shells OR
- a 2qt cassorole dish
- sprinkle top with extra nutmeg if desired
- AS single baked custard, bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 1 hr
- For pies, pre heat oven to 475 bake for 5 minutes
- turn oven down to 425 and continue to bake for 10 mins or until firm
- cool and serve. Keep in mind that the dustard will continue to bake until cooled. This recipe is equally good using extra large chicken eggs; the difference being texture. Duck eggs make a more silken custard and will be slightly richer.
The Cookauntiekahala Kaneohe, HI/Petoskey, MI, MI
The Rating2 people
This has to be a five forker! Thanks for sharing this recipe, I can smell it cooking already.trev in Bogangar loved it
When does the vanilla get added?
Step 9, if I'm doing a single baked custard at 375 degrees, do I really turn it "down" to 425 and continue to bake for 10 min? A little confusing.
Tasty though thank you.smythe in Juneau loved it