SopapillasFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and shortening. Stir in water; mix until dough is smooth. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Roll out on floured board until 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 3 inch squares. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
- Note: I've served these with powdered sugar when hot....oh so good!
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating5 people
These are so good. I ate these first when I lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico. There was a restaurant called La Hacienda in the old part of Albuquerque. They had the best Mexican food ever & they served these. That's a restaurant I will never forget b...morebrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!