Coconut Snack CakeFrom blueeyes68ky 6 years ago
- 2/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup half-and-half shopping list
How to make it
- Cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; blend thoroughly.
- Comine flour, soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients; beat well after each addition.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan.
- Combine coconut, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and half-and-half; spoon over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Yield: one cake.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating4 people
Sounds like a nice coffee cake. I like to try sometime.zoeb in Seattle loved it
sounds like my kind of cake!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
oh another good one!herby in Albany loved it
Piece Of Cake376 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Cooking With Buttermilk Lactaid Milk23 members