Apple Ice Cream SauceFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 (20-ounce) can pie-sliced apples, undrained shopping list
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon rind, and water; blend well.
- Stir in apple slices; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve hot over ice cream.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating4 people
wonderful ice cream sauce thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh, My, You are killing me today!!!! I so love the recipes you have and apples are one of my faves....tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Southern Sassyness72 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
An Apple A Day30 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Apple A Day12 members
Apples Plain And Simple57 members