Creole - Stuffed Bell PeppersFrom betchie 7 years ago
- 8 small to medium yellow bell peppers shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium size yellow onions, peeled and diced small shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 sprigs of scallions, chopped shopping list
- 1 package (1 lb)–ground beef and pork meatloaf mix shopping list
- ½ cup water shopping list
- 1 tbsp creole seasoning shopping list
- 2 cups corn bread, crumbled shopping list
- 2 cups FAT FREE shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Pre - set the broiler.
- Slice off top of bell peppers about half an inch from the top and scrape out seeds. Place bell peppers in a large plate cut sides down, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and cool down.
- Meanwhile heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes, add garlic and cook for another minute. Add the meat and using a spatula, break the meat down while cooking. Cook for about 2 minutes until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add water, scallions, seasoning and cook for about 1 minute reducing the heat to medium. Turn off stove and add corn bread. Combine well. Remove the plastic wrap from the bell peppers.
- Spoon about 3 tbsp of the mixture into each pepper. Top each with about 1 tbsp of cheese. Place stuffed bell peppers into a bake tray. Broil bell peppers for about 2 - 3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve ho
The Cookbetchie Belfast, GB
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!