Rice Crisp Cereal Energy BarsFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dates shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried apricots shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cherries shopping list
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 7 cups rice crisp cereal shopping list
- 1 cup corn syrup shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup powdered milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the sesame seeds and sunflower seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring until fragrant and toasted. Salt lightly, and set aside to cool.
- Combine the dates, raisins, apricots, cherries, chocolate chips and the toasted seeds in the container of a food processor. Pulse to chop until small but not pasty. Transfer to a large bowl, and mix with oats and crisp rice cereal.
- In a small glass bowl, mix together the corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter. Heat in the microwave until bubbly. Stir in the powdered milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the bowl of cereal and goodies, and mix with a wooden spoon until everything is evenly coated.
- Press the mixture into a greased 10x15 inch jellyroll pan using wet hands. Cut into squares, and allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating9 people
sounds great!!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Terrific and healthy recipe! Thanks, and HIGH FIVE from this neck of the woods! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I likie thank you, kids and I will have fun today!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!