Carrot CakeFrom annielikestocook 5 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons Bakingpowder shopping list
- 2 ½ cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda shopping list
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups finely grated carrots shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 ½ cups olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup Chopped walnuts shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 125 g butter/margarine shopping list
- 1 cup icing sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence shopping list
- 250g Smooth cottage cheese (I like using Philladelphia) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 C (300F).
- Beat the sugar and olive oil well, until sugar is disolved - creamy consistency
- Add eggs one by one - beat well after each
- Sift all dry ingredients together and 'fold' into egg mixture.
- Add carrots and walnuts and mix well.
- Pour the batter into 2 cake tins (23cm)
- Bake for ± 1 hour.
- Beat the butter, vanilla essence, icing sugar together until smooth.
- 'Fold' in the Cottage Cheese.
- Place frosting between cake layers and over top - once cake has cooled down.
- Garnish with whole walnuts.
The Cookannielikestocook Annacotty, IE
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!