Ham Potato And Cheese CasseroleFrom cardinal54 6 years ago
- 1 pound fully cooked ham (diced) shopping list
- 5 cups thinly sliced potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium to low heat.
- Add onions and ham and sauté for approximately 2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk and cream, stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Do not boil.
- Add sliced potatoes to cream mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a greased baking dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for approximately 45 minutes, or until
- potatoes are tender.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating6 people
Yummmm comfort food i like this.... .5....minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds so good! I love scalloped potatoes & this sounds very much the way my mom used to make them. Now add a little ham & cheese & what a dish! I plan on making this one soon! Thanks for sharing!! I'll give it 5 forks!mizbucky in loved it
Oh My ... This sounds so amazing that I think I'm making this recipe this week ... it might even make Sunday night dinner ... thank you!asheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!