Candy Apple PieFrom askksk 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 3 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 5 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin shopping list
- cream cheese layer: shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Crust: In a medium sized bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix well and press into a 10 inch pie plate and up the sides. Bake
- 6-8 minutes until golden in color. Remove pie shell from oven and cool completely. Pour caramel into pie shell and sprinkle with 1 cup of chopped pecans. Refrigerate pie shell while making apple filling.
- Filling: In a large (12 inch) skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Stir with a wooden spoon. Add apples and stir. Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes until apples are softened and tender. Cool 10 minutes and pour into pie shell. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cream Cheese layer: In a medium bowl, using a hand held mixer on low speed, combine cream cheese and sugar, beating for about 1 minute until smooth. Add egg, lemon juice and vanilla and beat for 1 more minute until fully blended. Pour over apple filling in pie shell. Bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Remove pie from oven and cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Let stand outside the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- Topping: Beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread cream over pie, drizzle with caramel, and then sprinkle with pecans.
The Cookaskksk LOUISVILLE, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!