Orange Chicken ThighsFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 pounds chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry red wine shopping list
How to make it
- Combine orange zest, juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and turn to coat all over with marinade then cover and chill overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade then pat dry.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook on both sides until brown about 5 minutes each.
- Cover then reduce heat to low and cook 20 minutes then remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan and stir loosening any bits of chicken or brown glaze stuck to bottom of pan.
- Add reserved marinade and bring to a boil.
- Pour any juices that have accumulated around thighs into skillet.
- Boil until thickened then serve as a sauce over thighs.