Butternut Squash LasagnaFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- For the Filling shopping list
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 3/4 cup pine nuts, toasted for about 3 minutes at 350 degrees shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped shopping list
- For the Sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 5 tablespoons white whole wheat flour shopping list
- 5 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- For the Rest shopping list
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) grated fresh (if available) mozzarella shopping list
- 3 ounces (about 3/4 cup) finely grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 12 fresh pasta sheets (you can use no boil pasta sheets, but they will work better if you are using sauce) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss squash in olive oil, maple syrup,and salt and roast on a baking sheet for 30 minutes, or until squash is lightly browned and tender.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove squash, dump in a bowl and gently tosswith raisins and pine nuts.
- Saute garlic in butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium low heat, for 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour and cook roux,whisking, 3 minutes.
- Add milk in a stream, whisking.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, then reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally,for 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt and cayenne and remove from heat.
- Mix cheesestogether.
- In a buttered 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish spread 2/3 cup sauce
- and cover with pasta sheets.
- Spread with 2/3 cup sauce and one third of filling, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Repeat layering 2 more times.
- Top with remaining 3 pasta sheets, remaining sauce, and remaining cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake lasagna in middle of oven 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake until golden and bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Always let lasagna sit for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Mmm, what a delicious recipe! Saved!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
love the idea using squashmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yum, love the sounds of this. What a nice change to the standard lasagna. Great post and a high 5. This one is bookmarked for this weeend. Thanks.chefmeow in Garland loved it