Banana Cake la fleur dOrangerFrom anatunez 6 years ago
- 3 very ripe bananas shopping list
- 1 lemon (you will just need the zest - so go organic guys!!) shopping list
- 3/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 c flour (whole wheat is fine too!) shopping list
- 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 1/2 c oil (peanut, corn whatever - but just keep away from the 40 weight, nasty!!) shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- a big ole dash of orange blossom water (Lebanese or Middle Eastern shops) shopping list
- *** I just made it right now with almond extract - and it was "QUITE DELICIOUS" *** shopping list
How to make it
- Now this is my favourite type of cake : you get only one bowl dirty!
- Squish up the bananas
- add the eggs and whisk
- zest of the lemon goes in next
- add the milk and oil
- then the sugar (keep on whisking!!)
- then add the flour and baking powder (maybe sift 'em together first)
- last but not least, pour in some fleur d'oranger...mmm!
- (or almond extract is really good too!!)
- Now, I use a silicone bake form (hey, I'm a former Tupperware Conseillère Culinaire!) but you cake use any cake pan. Line it with baking paper for easy removal.
- Th 6/7 180°C or 350°F bake