Vegetable Mixed GrillFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- ==================================== shopping list
- Vegetables: shopping list
- 4 whole roma tomatoes, cut in half shopping list
- 1 whole yellow zucchini or patty pan squash, cut in half horizontally, lightly score flesh side shopping list
- 1 whole green zucchini, cut in half horizontally, lightly score flesh side shopping list
- 1 large red onion, cut into thick slices shopping list
- 1/2 pound Shiitake or button mushrooms, stems removed (about 8 mushrooms) shopping list
- 1 pound stalks asparagus, ends trimmed shopping list
- 1 large bell pepper, red or yellow, cut sides off into large slabs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In bowl combine olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper.
- As different vegetables need different cooking times, fill skewers with only one kind of vegetable, for example one skewer of just tomatoes, one of just mushrooms etc.
- Asparagus, zucchini and onion need not be skewered.
- Place prepared skewers and vegetables in baking dish.
- Brush all vegetables liberally with balsamic oil mixture.
- Pour remaining balsamic mixture over vegetables.
- Let sit 10-20 minutes.
- Grill vegetables for 3-5 minutes each side on hot bbq or grill.
- Take care not to overcook vegetables.
- Remove vegetables from marinade.
- Save marinade for after grilling.
- Arrange vegetables on plate and drizzle with 1 ounce of remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- These are also great just at room temperature, if you want to do ahead.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating10 people
This is just the type of recipe i need here now with the abundance of fresh veggies! Thank you!anatunez in La Marsa loved it
great recipe and flavor thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love grilled veggies!!!m2googee in Tomball loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!