Lettuce BreadFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups finely chopped lettuce ( avoid the bitter types ) shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Mix sugar with oil.
- Beat in eggs. add lemon juice.
- sift dry ingredients and mix into sugar mixture.
- Stir in lettuce and nuts.
- Pour into 2 greased 8 x 4 inch loaf pans.
- Bake 350 degrees 50 minutes or tested done.
- cool 10 minutesin pan and remove to cool completely.
- Freezes well. a nice quick bread to serve with cream cheese .
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
wow, never heard of this. Midge you post very good and unusal recipe!herby in Albany loved it
Different!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This is a most unusual, but delicious looking recipe. I love getting different recipes for a variety of breads, and rate this baby a FIVE! Thank you :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it