Lettuce BreadFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups finely chopped lettuce ( avoid the bitter types ) shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Mix sugar with oil.
- Beat in eggs. add lemon juice.
- sift dry ingredients and mix into sugar mixture.
- Stir in lettuce and nuts.
- Pour into 2 greased 8 x 4 inch loaf pans.
- Bake 350 degrees 50 minutes or tested done.
- cool 10 minutesin pan and remove to cool completely.
- Freezes well. a nice quick bread to serve with cream cheese .
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
This is a most unusual, but delicious looking recipe. I love getting different recipes for a variety of breads, and rate this baby a FIVE! Thank you :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Different!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
wow, never heard of this. Midge you post very good and unusal recipe!herby in Albany loved it