Almond Rice MadeleinesFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds, lightly toasted shopping list
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 cups cooked rice, chilled shopping list
- 3 large egg whites shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- fresh raspberries for accompaniment (optional) shopping list
- whipped cream or frozen non-dairy whipped topping for accompaniment (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Chop almonds in food processor until finely ground.
- Add coconut and sugar; process until coconut is finely minced.
- Add rice; pulse to blend.
- Add egg whites; pulse to blend.
- Spoon mixture evenly into madeleine pans or miniature muffin tins coated with cooking spray, filling to top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pans on wire rack.
- Run a sharp knife around each madeleine shell, and gently remove from pan.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until serving time.
- Serve with raspberries and whipped topping.
- Makes 3 dozen.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating7 people
Heeeey! This sounds great! I'll make them for a friend here in Tunisia who is gluten intolerant! she'll love them! THANK YOU!!anatunez in La Marsa loved it
thank you for a recipe for us gluten free people!!!! this looks good an I will try it very soon...you have my 5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I love madeleines and the coconut is such a neat idea!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!