Chicken AdoboFrom jrt_mom 4 years ago
How to make it
- Marinade chicken in soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, brown sugar, garlic and bay leaves for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken with marinade skin side down in pot and bring to a boil. Immediately turn down to a simmer and cover with lid for about 20 minutes or until chicken is really tender.
- Remove chicken, drain and fry in oil. Brown all sides.
- Return chicken to pot and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with white steamed rice. My favorite!
- Notes: I prefer to fry the chicken and I want the dish really dark. If you love garlic, just go ahead and add more. Try pork spare ribs for this recipe too.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookjrt_mom Metro Manila, PH
The Rating4 people
Sounds great! Thanks, and FIVE to you! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Sounds wonderful! (Despite the Martha Stewart recommendation! LOL!!) Sorry Martha fans! ;)shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
I've always wanted to try Chicken Adobo...glad I found this recipe. It was easy and good.gkwillow in City loved it