Chicken AdoboFrom jrt_mom 8 years ago
How to make it
- Marinade chicken in soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, brown sugar, garlic and bay leaves for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken with marinade skin side down in pot and bring to a boil. Immediately turn down to a simmer and cover with lid for about 20 minutes or until chicken is really tender.
- Remove chicken, drain and fry in oil. Brown all sides.
- Return chicken to pot and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with white steamed rice. My favorite!
- Notes: I prefer to fry the chicken and I want the dish really dark. If you love garlic, just go ahead and add more. Try pork spare ribs for this recipe too.
The Cookjrt_mom Metro Manila, PH
The Rating4 people
Sounds great! Thanks, and FIVE to you! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Sounds wonderful! (Despite the Martha Stewart recommendation! LOL!!) Sorry Martha fans! ;)shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
I've always wanted to try Chicken Adobo...glad I found this recipe. It was easy and good.gkwillow in City loved it