Figs Poached With Red Wine And TeaFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 9-1/2 ounces dried figs shopping list
- 3/4 cup brandy shopping list
- 3/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 3/4 cup honey shopping list
- juice and zest of 2 oranges shopping list
- juice and zest of 2 lemons shopping list
- 2 cloves shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean split in half shopping list
- 1/3 cup strong black tea shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse figs under hot water then drain and place in bowl.
- Pour brandy over figs then cover and set aside for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove figs from brandy reserving brandy and set aside.
- Pour brandy into medium saucepan and add all other ingredients.
- Place saucepan over low to medium heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Strain mixture through fine sieve and discard spices and citrus zest.
- Return syrup to pan and add figs then place over medium heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Remove figs from syrup.
- Slice figs in half and serve with a little syrup poured over and mascarpone or ice cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
You knew you would get me with the figs! Love 'em. Another great post ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I love figs, too. Count me in and ^5. Thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I do poach figs with red wine, however I have never tried it with tea - Next time it will be on my list Thank you for posting it.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!