Perfect Cake Decorating IcingFrom fizzle3nat 5 years ago
- 1 cube stick margarine, softened (use margarine, not butter for the right flavor) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. white vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 large bag (2 lbs.) PLUS 1 c. confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. cold water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt (necessary for the correct flavor) shopping list
- 1 tsp. clear vanilla-flavor extract shopping list
- 1 tsp. clear butter-flavor extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract shopping list
- paste food coloring, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Beat together margarine and shortening until thoroughly blended. Blend in the confectioner's sugar; the mixture will be very stiff.
- Mix together the water and salt; stir until salt is dissolved (this is an important step if you plan to tint the icing; whole salt crystals will leave bleached spots in colored icing). Drizzle water in a steady stream while beating icing. Blend in flavorings. Whip until icing is light and fluffy.
- Tint with paste food coloring (will not thin icing), if desired, and ice cake(s). Fills and frosts one 8 inch, 3 layer cake. Freeze any remaining icing up to three months.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- squirrelywebster Nowhere, Us
- stellajean Nowhere, Us
- bakerylustgirl Nowhere, Us
- sweetbaker Nowhere, Us
- annieamie Los Angeles, US
- nazzb Ponte De Lima (Viana Do Castelo), PT
- grk Houston, TX
- vinavorasane Manila, PH
- jrt_mom Metro Manila, PH
- goddess_mom_2_3 Townsend, MA
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating5 people
Thank you. It certainly sounds great, and I promise I won't tell "them"...
Nazarénazzb in Ponte De Lima (Viana Do Castelo) loved it
Gave you a five for sharing. This will be in my wish list! Beautiful picture! You're amazing :0)jrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it
Thank you for the wonderful frosting recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it