Minced Pork With Tofu And MushroomsFrom simcooks 9 years ago
- - 1/4 lb minced pork (seasoned with a dash of salt, pepper, corn starch and mixed with 2 cloves garlic, sliced, and 3 slices of ginger, julienned) shopping list
- - 3 shitake mushrooms, cut into pieces (I had dried ones, so they need to be pre-soaked in water first) shopping list
- - 1 tbsp dried sole (pre-fried) shopping list
- - 1 tbsp dried scallops (pre-fried) shopping list
- - 1 tbsp salted fish (pre-fried) shopping list
- - 3 stalks green onions, cut into 1″ diagonals shopping list
- - 1 block silken tofu, cut into 1″ cubes shopping list
- - 1/2 bowl water shopping list
- - cornstarch solution (1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water) shopping list
- Seasoning: shopping list
- - 1 tsp light soy sauce shopping list
- - 1 tsp dark soy sauce (for color) shopping list
- - 2 tsp oyster sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Heat up 2 tbsp oil and stir fry minced pork until fragrant.
- Add shitake mushrooms and light soy sauce and mix well.
- Add dried sole, dried scallops and salted fish and mix well.
- Add dark soy sauce and oyster sauce, mix well and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes then add green onions and mix well.
- Add silken tofu and allow to cook for about 30 secs, then add 1/2 bowl water, cover saucepan and allow to boil. (No need to mix tofu with rest of the ingredients as you will break up the tofu.) Continue to boil for about 4-5 minutes to allow the tofu to absorb the gravy, otherwise the tofu will taste plain. (You may want to do a taste test here to see if you need more light soy sauce to increase the saltiness or more water to dilute the saltiness.)
- Drizzle cornstarch solution over gravy to thicken the gravy. Gently shake the saucepan to allow the cornstarch solution to be mixed with the gravy.