toffee barsFrom jennmet 8 years ago
- ngredients shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/3 cup chocolate-covered toffee pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in flour and salt until combined.
- Spread dough evenly in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown and surface is dry. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand about 2 minutes or until chocolate is softened; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts and toffee pieces. Let cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars.