Barbecue SauceFrom fizzle3nat 4 years ago
- 1/2 c. minced onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 TBSP. olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 c. apple juice shopping list
- 1/2 of a 6 oz. can tomato paste (1/3 c.) shopping list
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 TBSP. brown sugar shopping list
- 2 TBSP. molasses shopping list
- 1 TBSP. paprika shopping list
- 1 TBSP. prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1 TBSP. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic over medium heat in olive oil until onion is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 30 min. or until desired consistency (it will thicken as it cooks), stirring occassionally.
- To use, brush chicken, pork, or beef with some of the sauce during the last 10 min. of grilling. If desired, reheat and pass additional sauce. Or mix with pulled pork, beef, or chicken for sandwiches. Cover and chill any leftovers for up to three days.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating2 people
I lived in Memphis for years so I know a great BBQ sauce when I taste it. This is awesome and will be my "go to" sauce in the future. Only changes I made: left out horseradish (didn't have any) and added some liquid smoke.NCcook22 in Charlotte loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!