Chocolate Cheesecake Decadence Frozen CustardFrom chrisandjenny 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, use a hand blender to whisk egg yolks and sugar using until pale and thick.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, bring cream to boiling point, but do not let it boil.
- Slowly pour hot cream over the egg yolk mixture and stir to combine (tempering).
- Pour the whole mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the cream thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Mix in the chocolate and stir until fully melted and mixed in the custard.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cream cheese until completely melted and incorporated.
- Cool custard completely and refrigerate until cold.
- Process the custard according to your ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookchrisandjenny Grand Rapids, MI
The Rating3 people
Hey from Huntsville Alabama,
I just made this and here is my feedback. First, milk is listed as an ingredient; however, the directions never make mention of the milk. I added it with the cream - I hope it works - I will let you know. Tasting:...moreAnitaAnn in loved it
This recipe is not correct. It forgot a place to add the milk and the chocolate is overwhelming. When cooled it couldn't possibly go in the ice cream freezer because it is "fudge like". Not sure how to fix it. For sure add less chocolate a...moreStGeorge in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!