Ensalada Rusa Potato saladFrom charrm1 8 years ago
- 3 medium potatoes shopping list
- 1 large carrot, diced shopping list
- 5 tbsps shelled, green peas shopping list
- 2/3 cups green beans shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 4 sweet gherkins, sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsps capers shopping list
- 12 anchovy-stuffed olives or pimiento-stuffed olives shopping list
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced thin shopping list
- 2/3 cup Hellman's mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, cook the potatoes and carrot in lightly salted water.
- Bring to boil and simmer until almost tender.
- Fold in the peas and beans gently and cok until all the vegetables are tender.
- Drain the vegetables and transfer them into a serving platter. Add the onion, pepper, gherkins, capers, stuffed olives and egg slices.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard. Add this mixture to the serving platter, mixing well to ensure all the ingredients are coated. Sprinkle with pepper and toss.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and refrigerate to enhance the flavors. This salad should be kept refrigerated (because of mayonnaise) and will keep for 1 to 2 days.