Delightful Ramadan Honey Date PuddingFrom falafel_fanatic 7 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup finely cut fresh pitted dates shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- Cream (optional) shopping list
- cinnamon shopping list
- nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat Oven to: 325 degrees
- Bring two cups of water to boiling.
- Add rice and salt and cook for thirty minutes, or until tender.
- Drain if necessary, and place rice in a shallow 1-1/2 quart baking dish, distributing evenly across bottom.
- Sprinkle with dates and set in a large, shallow pan.
- In the same saucepan used for cooking the rice, scald the milk. Beat the honey and eggs together.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Stir in the lemon rind and pour over the rice and dates.
- Add a half-inch hot water to the shallow pan, and bake pudding about one hour, or until set.
- Serve slightly warm or cool, with cream if desired and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookfalafel_fanatic Bardstown, KY
The Rating8 people
The bedouin in Israel make something very similar. Take 5
Keep 'em coming.
RAMADAN MUBARAK to you and your familyronnymarcus in Jerusalem loved it
I do similar, I know this is a great recipe!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Fabulous! Enjoy your Ramamdan.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it