Cottage Cheese Sweet Pie -myzithropitakiaFrom elgab89 6 years ago
- Pastry: shopping list
- 500 g flour shopping list
- 500 g butter shopping list
- 1glass water shopping list
- 2-3 teaspoons melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 tspn salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1kilo cottage cheese (I buy it at Costco for a good price) shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 6 -8 spoons sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 lemon zest grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup rum or cognac - Metaxa works the best shopping list
- 4 tbsp flour or 5 tbsp cream of wheat shopping list
How to make it
- You have to make everything fast and in a cold area. On the table, dust the flour and make a whole in the middle, put inside the water, melted butter, lemon juice and salt. Work the dough to get a medium soft consistency. Leave it for 15 -20 min. Try to sleep - as the hard work is starting now! Roll out the dough to a 1cm thickness. Put slices of cold butter and cover on top and cover with dough, closing it like an envelope. Cover and let it cool 10 min. Roll the dough and fold it in 3 to 4 times. You have to keep on folding it, this way, the pastry is formed by placing pats of chilled butter between layers of pastry dough, rolling it out, folding it in thirds, and letting it rest. Repeat at least 8 times - you will have a pastry with many layers of dough and butter. Told you it ain't easy!
- Leave raisins 1/2 hour in the cognac or rum.
- Beat the eggs with sugar , lemon zest, add the butter and the cottage cheese. Add the flour or the cream of wheat. At the end mix in the raisins.
- Use half of the pastry layered ( after you rolled it, of course) at the bottom of the pan. Pour the cheese filling. Add the other half of rolled pastry .
- Bake at 375F for 45 min. Keep an eye on it after 30 min, each oven bakes differently.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- 3gdogs Nowhere, Us
- trigger MA
- luisascatering San Carlos, CA
- angieaugusta Adelaide, Australia
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- anetamar Winnipeg, CA
- magali777 Mexico, MX
- angelica14 St Petersburg, FL
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookelgab89 Toronto, CA
The Rating8 people
dont ya know this has gotta be delicous high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
O000000 I LOVE THE COGNAC IN IT ILL BET THIS IS VERY GOOD I WILL TRY THIS IT LOOKS WONDERFUL........*10* HAHAHAHAminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
hmmmmmmmmmm beautiful........love cottage cheese recip....thx fr the post.........angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it