Caramel Popcorn BallsFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 16 cups plain popped popcorn (do not use buttered popcorn) shopping list
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1-2/3 cups shredded coconut shopping list
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 10 to 12 lollipop sticks shopping list
- Halloween sprinkles and decorations (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place popcorn in large bowl.
- Place caramels and butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until caramels and butter are melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt and coconut. Remove caramel mixture from heat; pour over popcorn. With large wooden spoon, mix until popcorn is evenly coated. Let cool slightly.
- Place chocolate chips in microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Microwave on HIGH for additional 30-second intervals until chips are completely melted, stirring after each 30-second interval. Stir until smooth.
- When popcorn mixture is cool enough to handle, grease hands with butter or nonstick cooking spray. Shape popcorn mixture into baseball-sized balls; place 1 lollipop stick in each ball. Dip each popcorn ball into melted chocolate and roll in Halloween decorations, if desired. Place on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
- Variation: Pour melted chocolate over caramel popcorn mixture; mix by hand until popcorn is coated with chocolate. Spread evenly on baking sheet lined with waxed paper until chocolate is set.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating10 people
OH NO YOU JUST DIDNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR IN FOR IT M&M......................HAHAHAHAAHAminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
and the crowd goes wild.....(*cue* loud cheers!)jett2whit in Union City loved it
LOVE THIS......it brings back some memories of when you could trust your neighbor.....My mom would make these for holloween to give out i can remember the piles of popcorn....and different toppings......and us kids got to EAT what was left......OH YE...moregrizzlybear in loved it