Chocolate Covered Log CookiesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3-1/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate melted shopping list
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl cream butter until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sugar and cream until fluffy then beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in grated orange peel and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add flour until blended.
- Make a ball with the dough then flatten and wrap in plastic and place in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let soften 10 minutes.
- Taking small pieces of dough roll into balls and then 3" logs.
- Place logs onto ungreased cookie sheets leaving several inches between for expansion.
- Bake 10 minutes then cook on sheets for 1 minute and remove to rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate.
- When cookies have cooled 15 minutes dip them halfway in chocolate then roll in nuts.
- Allow them to set 15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Fantastic recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
looks like another winner...chocolate and orange!
Thanks for anothr good recipe.linspj in New Hartford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!