Molasses Drop CookiesFrom lor 5 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup mild-flavor molasses shopping list
- *I use regular molasses because I love the taste. shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix sugar, butter, shortening, sour cream, molasses and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in center.
- Cool slightly then remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with sugar while warm if desired.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies
- Nutrition Information:
- 1 Serving: Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45 ); Total Fat 5 g (Saturated Fat 1 g); Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 90 mg; Total Carbohydrate 13 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2 % Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat
- *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Special Touch:
- Instead of a sprinkle of sugar, dress up these moist spice cookies with your favorite white frosting.
- Before measuring the molasses, spray the measuring cup with cooking spray; the molasses will slide right out of the cup!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
Christmas All Year181 members
All Holidays135 members
Bake Sale124 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice76 members
Sugar From Mama13 members
Christmas Is Coming55 members